Friday, November 22, 2013

DIY - 12 Gift wrapping ideas

Plans change all the time. That is why I don't like making any. Take for example these boxes of matches that I bought for the purpose of creating an advent calendar. They were just sitting there (practically annoying me).

So to stop their impertinence, I decided to wrap them up, using materials that I always have in my house.

Kraft Paper: It is my favorite paper to wrap things with. Top: I used a wax seal, rubber stamps, and a few stickers to make it look like a parcel. Bottom: Is just a simple pom-pom using two colors of yarn. I make my pom-poms using a fork, much quicker than the round cardboard thingy. Left: is just a doily cut in half with a sticker, and some words from a book, then I used glitter.

Beautiful Paper and Found Objects: I usually leave my nice paper for other tasks, it is just to precious to use it as gift wrapping. But it looks beautiful doesn't it?? These are all "carta varese" and I've simply added things I've found in the woods, my neighborhood, and my button collection.

Printer Paper ( i.e. any plain white paper): I can bet that if you don't have any other papers in your house this you'll have. Why not personalize each one? Top: I made little balls using crepe paper and drew the letter with the glue. Bottom: I used some snowflake rubber stamps and simply tied the letters with twine. Left: I used a glitter and glue pen with a letter stencil.

Old Books Paper: Since I have plenty of old book pages lying around, (more ideas for your old book pages here). I simple wrapped them and decorated the tops making trees of scraps of paper. The right one I've used images found in magazines.

I hope you find it inspiring and not in the need to purchase wrapping paper.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the other 12 boxes!! Any ideas??

Have a great weekend.
Giova.

17 comments:

  1. These are really sweet, I recycle packing paper, iron it flat and then use large stamps and paint to create wrapping paper
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried your idea before, I will it it a go too, as I love recycling paper!

      Delete
  2. Quedaron divinos!!!! Podrian ser parte de un Holiday Display!!! Tutuiii! Me encantan todos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha de un holiday display?? Te los mando y los "sneak in"?

      Delete
  3. Franca y categoricamente!!!! que belleza!!!! lo unico malo es que yo nunca abriria el paquete... ah? cada uno es mas espectacular que el otro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pues ni que los abras porque adentro hay fosforos jeje!!

      Delete
  4. I love pretty packaging and the fact that used things you have around the house makes it even better. I'm really trying to make a habit of that lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty packaging does elevate the gift to another level doesn't it?? Lately I enjoy it much more when I use the things I already have instead of buying. Don't get me wrong, leave me in a Target and I won't come out empty handed ;)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful – your gift wraps are awesome (and I bet they could get a second life once the gifts are unwrapped!). You can also try Kraft die cut boxes for gift packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative blog. I was searching for something like this. your blog helped me a lot. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Bulk gift wrap materials

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking for this kind of post from last many days thanks for sharing it with us. Luxury Packaging boxes

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have offered a huge range of empty chocolate boxes wholesale. These boxes are made from Kappa board and have clear lids. Chocolate boxes are some of the most delicate products that need to be protected and presented with pride. If you are looking for a logo or artwork for your product, Click the Enquiry form and fill up the basic details we can easily contact you. don’t be hesitant we have several Languages Speaking CRM Executive Available. these CRM easily understand your requirements. Empty chocolate boxes wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  10. custom Kraft printed boxes are a versatile and eco-friendly packaging solution. These boxes can be personalized with your brand's unique design, logo, and messaging, making them ideal for showcasing your products and creating a memorable impression.

    ReplyDelete
  11. custom printed chocolate boxes, small boxes of happiness, hiding sweet treasures within. A world of cocoa delights, silky truffles, rich pralines, and moments of indulgent joy. Whether shared or savored in solitude, these boxes evoke cravings and offer a brief escape into chocolatey bliss. Perfect for gifting or personal indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are one of the best manufacturing Custom Pillow Boxes in UK. We provide boxes according to your need, weight and Design. Free Shipping. We are also supplying at very low prices and cost-effective quantities.

    ReplyDelete

  13. kraft box packagingare eco-friendly packaging champions, crafted from recycled materials to reduce environmental impact. These versatile boxes offer durability, making them ideal for various products. Their rustic appeal and customization options make them a popular choice for sustainable packaging solutions, reflecting both conscientiousness and creativity.





    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...